Living with Your Illness
Kirkwood’s multi-disciplinary Support & Therapy team invite you to join them for an experiential course consisting of three weekly sessions of support, advice and information, which aims to help you to cope more effectively with your illness.
Sessions on this course will include:
- Mindfulness Techniques to aid relaxation and manage stress.
- How do we move forward? How many times can we go through this?
- Coping strategies - what they are and how we use them
- Keeping the focus on you
- Not being afraid to speak out - asking awkward questions
- What keeps your spirits up?
- The New ‘Me’ - regaining your confidence
Each session will take place on a Thursday from 1 - 3pm
- January 3rd, 10th, 17th
- March 7th, 14th, 21st
- May 9th, 16th, 23rd
- July 11th, 18th, 25th
- September 12th, 19th, 26th
- November 7th, 14th, 21st
Find out more
For further information about this course, please contact Pam Wood (Support & Therapy Centre) or Tracey Addy (Family Care Team) at the Hospice on: 01484 557900
Alternatively, please speak to your health care professional.
You can also download this information, including 2019 course dates, by clicking the download link at the bottom of this page.
Need clinical advice?
Call our advice line on: