30 Jun 2020 Shop News
Shops Update: We’re starting to reopen some of our shops
Following the government’s announcement that shops selling non-essential goods can now open again, we are delighted to announce that we are beginning a phased reopening of Kirkwood’s shops.
After lots of hard work over the past few weeks, we are now starting to reopen our shops again. We’ll be rolling out our shop openings over the coming weeks and months. During this time, the safety of you and our team will be our number one priority.
The following Kirkwood shops are now open again:
- Denby Dale
The following Kirkwood shops are set to open this week (please note that this may be subject to change):
Although no specific dates have been announced for our other shops at the moment, we are working hard behind the scenes to put all the necessary precautions in place so we can keep you safe while shopping with us. Please keep an eye on our website and social media pages for the latest information about your local shop.
Can we accept donations again in our shops?
If your local shop has now reopened, we are able to accept donations again.
However, please note that to keep our customers and teams safe, we have put a number of safety measures in place, including quarantining all donated items for 72 hours once they arrive. This may mean that we aren't able to take donations in some shops at certain times, as we have limited storage space.
We recommend giving our shop team a call before visiting us to make sure we have space to accept your items. Please click here to find the telephone number for all our open shops.
What about our Furniture Store?
Unfortunately, we are not currently able to offer furniture collections or receive donations at our Furniture Store. We are working hard to get up and running again as soon as possible.
Although we don't have a date for reopening just yet, we are working hard behind the scenes to put all the necessary precautions in place so we can reopen - and keep you safe when we are able to welcome you all back.
Please keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for the latest announcements.
How we’re keeping you safe in our shops
We are doing everything we can to make sure you have a great shopping experience with us. We’ve installed a number of safety measures and we'll be following strict social distancing guidelines too.
Here are some of the ways we’re helping you to stay safe in our shops:
- We are limiting the number of customers in our shop to make sure 2m social distancing can be observed. If it’s busy, we may ask you to queue for a short while to help us prevent crowding
- We’ve installed floor markers and one way systems in our shops where possible to make it easier to observe social distancing
- We have installed protective screens at our till counters to protect you and our teams
- Where possible, we encourage you to use contactless card payments instead of cash
- Our shops will be cleaned regularly and our teams will be required to wash their hands more frequently. We have also installed new hand sanitising points
- In some cases you may be asked to use a separate door for donations to help us process your donation safely
- We will quarantine all donated items for 72 hours before sorting, cleaning and making them available for sale
- Our teams will be wearing gloves whilst sorting stock and donations
- We are working hard to keep our employees and volunteers safe. Members of our team who are currently shielding or in a vulnerable category will not be asked to work in our shops at the moment
If you’d like more information on the changes we’re making in our shops, you can now find your local Kirkwood shop on Facebook. Click here to find the details for your local shop, including our phone number and the link to the shop’s Facebook page.
Did you know that you can also book a collection with us? If you would like us to pick up your donations from your home, please contact us on: 01484 557917 or email: email@example.com to arrange a collection slot.
Unfortunately, we are not currently able to offer furniture collections. We are working hard to get these up and running as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on our website and social media pages for the latest announcements.
Need clinical advice?
Call our advice line on: